Coaching emphasizes collaboration in order to guide the person toward successful and lasting behavioral change through individualized support and reinforcement.
Wellness Coaching is the process of collaborating in order to guide the person toward successful and lasting behavioral change in regards to wellness through individualized support and reinforcement.
Roles and Responsibilities of a Peer Wellness Coach
- Assist peers in choosing, obtaining, and keeping wellness and healthy lifestyle related goals;
- Help peers work through the process of identifying health and wellness related goals;
- Ask facilitative questions to help peers gain insight into their own personal situations;
- Empower peers to find solutions for health problems and concerns they are facing;
- Help peers to find solutions for health problems and concerns they are facing;
- Assist in identifying steps to take to achieve a health and wellness related goal;
- Assist peers in strengthening their readiness to actively pursue health and wellness;
- Use a variety of methods, tailored to the individual to setting and reaching health/wellness related goals;
- Provide structure and support to promote personal progress and accountability;
- Compile and share wellness and healthy lifestyle resources for peers and other staff or supporters;
- Selectively use self-disclosure to inspire and support.